- We reflect on our favorite episodes of the year
-How to make a good impression on your boo's family if you're headed home to meet them this holiday season
- New Year's resolutions
- How to manage expectations during the holidays
This week we interview Charlotte Ballet's Allesanda James, the REAL LIFE Sugar Plum fairy about life as a ballerina. Alex discusses how she became a professional ballerina, backstage secrets, balancing motherhood and marriage with a demanding career, and how she manages eating and body image while living in a tutu.
State of the Date was recorded live at the Fillmore Underground on 11/30.
Our panelists were: Amanda Bradford, Aerin Spruill, Jonathan Winn, Brendan Cook, Jesse Soloff, and Michelle Boudin.
Special thanks to the entire staff at the Fillmore Underground, RuRu's Tacos & Tequila, Channel 96.1, and our producer Richard Brooke for making this possible.
This week, Christina Weber from Underground Unattached and Your Love Accomplice Podcast joins us to discuss how to actually meet the love of your life in person, instead of using dating apps. We also discuss, how to talk to strangers, the best first date spots, and the real difference between men and women in relationship.
Our boyfriends, Brad and Phil, join us for the first time EVER!
- What do we do that drives them crazy?
- Brad's incredible advice if you're SO tired of being single
- What did our first dating app messages say to each other?
- When they were most nervous in our relationship
- What should actual dating dealbreakers be?
- What do men and women just NOT understand about each other?
- We play The Newlywed Game
This week we interview Hannah Kay Herdlinger, founder of Thread Talk. Hannah Kay talks to us about her experience with domestic violence, leaving her an abusive partner, and how she had to take her life down to rock bottom in order to build it back with the support of her friends and family. She also discusses working for powerful women like Sheryl Sandberg, Ariana Huffington, and Hillary Clinton and the best piece of advice she's learned from them. We also discuss the #ispypurple challenge for domestic violence awareness.
- How to feel okay with being alone
- Our non-scientific theory on how to make dating apps work for you
- What we're reading and listening to
- Going to the bathroom in front of your significant other
- The difference between an anxiety disorder and anxious moments
- Techniques to help you feel calm
- How to find a therapist, and what to do if you start seeing someone and realize it's not a good fit
- How to help a family member or friend who's dealing with anxiety
- How to deal with timeline pressure from friends and family
- Five topics all couples should be comfortable talking about
- 6 guys youll end up dating when youve been single for too long
- How to make it not awkward when you break up with someone
- Cuffing season
- Hanging out versus date night when you live together
- 7 habits of couples who stay in love
- The idea of freezing your eggs has been in the news a lot lately. Is it a realistic option? What do you need to know about it?
- You found out you have HPV. Now what?
- If you're in your 20s or 30s it can feel like your biological clock rules all. Should this really be the case?
Talking about social media anxiety disorder, a new app that forces you to get to know the person before you can see their face, and why adult women are getting called "girls" at work.
Talking with Ashley and Dina of the Renfrew Center
How Do You Rebuild Your Life When You're Suddenly Single?
What If Your Partner Wants Kids and You Don't?
Love bombing is even worse than ghosting
Morgan Ray of Sex Therapy Charlotte talks to us about how much sex is "normal" and how to stop body hangups from wreaking havoc on your sex life, plus a discussion on how porn is impacting real relationships.
- Surviving long distance relationships
- What is "stashing"?
- How to stay close to your long distance BFFs
- We debate "same side-ing"
How to Be a Partner/Professional/Friend Without Losing Your Mind
Staying connected with friends in different life stages
Tips for trying meditation
How To Escape A Dumpster Fire First Date
Signs He Just Wants To Hook Up
You're "meh" on the person, here's how to tell if you should actually go on the date
Intuitive and energy healer Dana Childs joins us to talk about honing your gut instincts when you're on a first date, a job interview, or any other situation when you want to feel confident in analyzing the situation. Also, we talk about "trusting your gut" and why the eclipse is a powerful time.
Is It Okay To Monitor Your Significant Other's Social Media?
Here's Why You Shouldn't Vent To Your BFF About Your Boo
The Bachelorette engagement debate rages on
Ways to say no without feeling like a jerk
Harvey Smith, a certified business coach, joins us to talk about how to figure out what to do with your life, dealing with imposter syndrome, and more.
- Is getting a pet together a sign of a long-term commitment?
- This woman admitted to her boss that she was taking a mental health day and we LOVE it
- Why the Internet is super weird
- Please stop saying these things to your single friends
- Why you should unfollow your ex right now
- Creative non-drinking first date ideas
- How to get your dating app swag back
- Rob Kardashian's Instagram was a dumpster fire. We discuss.
- What's up with "kittenfishing"?
- The real reasons dudes (or anyone) ghosts
- Non-awkward conversation starters for any situation
Why is it so hard to make friends as an adult?
Is "the one that got away" a thing?
Talking about financials in a relationship
Why are we always on a quest to find our soulmate?